grav_ity: (helen magnus)
[personal profile] grav_ity
Um...[livejournal.com profile] shadadukal? Remind me to talk to you about this, because I think I have a solution to your "why didn't Nigel tell James about Anna" problem.

Helen told Henry she tried to go public "in the 40s". Which must have been after the war and before 1951. And it went badly. WHICH IS TOTALLY WHY SHE LEFT ENGLAND AND WENT TO OLD CITY. AND POSSIBLY LEAD TO A SERIOUS ARGUMENT WITH JAMES!

HOLD ME, f-list!

+++

Also, [livejournal.com profile] lanna_kitty has forced me to confront the very real fact that this whole complete demonization of John is to clear the way for whoever Helen gets to meet next season. Which is fine with me, in theory, but I'll have to see what happens. I will say, though, that I was a bit surprised John never played the "Well, yeah, having you around all the time would be nice but also it would have been really awesome NOT TO HAVE TURNED INTO A SERIAL KILLER!", which was totally where I thought he was going at first, though I suppose it is more in character to think of himself last and think of everyone else first, except in the WORST POSSIBLE WAY. Oh, John. There is absolutely no saving you from anything.

Seriously, though, I would have taken Helen having a meaningful relationship even WITH John still in the picture (because I like to think she's been doing that since 1888). I HAVE MY EYE ON YOU, KINDLER!

THANK GOODNESS the Big Bangs will all be done by the time season four rolls around, eh?

Date: 2011-06-21 06:57 am (UTC)
lferion: (Spirit_spiralgift)
From: [personal profile] lferion
Peter answering questions in James-getup! by way of the Peter Wingfield Fan Club - fun stuff!

No spoilers other than the fact - that I think we already knew? - that James will be in at least one episode early next season. Which, given what just happened I should think he'd be there!
Edited Date: 2011-06-21 06:59 am (UTC)

Date: 2011-06-21 01:07 pm (UTC)
ext_1358: (Default)
From: [identity profile] grav-ity.livejournal.com
JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMES!

Is it spoilery? By which I mean do they talk about season four AT ALL? Because I avoid spoilers like the plague.

Date: 2011-06-21 03:53 pm (UTC)
lferion: (HL_Methos_Helm_happy)
From: [personal profile] lferion
No, he doesn't say anything at all about S4, beyond acknowledging that what you are seeing is James' facial-hair & that he's in Vancouver for filming. I think you are safe!

Date: 2011-06-21 03:54 pm (UTC)
ext_1358: (james - kind of close to happy)
From: [identity profile] grav-ity.livejournal.com
*FLAILS*

(Seriously, and I haven't even watched it yet. I HAVE A PROBLEM!)

Date: 2011-06-21 04:00 pm (UTC)
ext_1358: (elementary my dear...oh shut up)
From: [identity profile] grav-ity.livejournal.com
JAMES RODE A UNICYLCLE AT OXFORD!

This should probably be fanfiction.

Date: 2011-06-21 04:03 pm (UTC)
ext_1358: (james - serious business goggles)
From: [identity profile] grav-ity.livejournal.com
GOD, listening to someone (because I can't watch...too much glee) should not be this ridiculous. If he did books on tape I WOULD DIE.

Date: 2011-06-21 06:56 pm (UTC)
lferion: (HL_Methos_face)
From: [personal profile] lferion
He has the absolutely most wonderful voice! I would actually listen to him do books on tape, and that's not one of my preferred ways of consuming books.

Date: 2011-06-21 07:27 am (UTC)
shadadukal: (SFA : Ashley gun)
From: [personal profile] shadadukal
You have to talk to me about this. ;)

I need to talk to you about something else. I feel like my other big fic is taking water everywhere now and argh!

I have totally started writing a post "Into the Black" fic, but in keeping with tradition, I have no idea where I am going. Must fix that.

Helen told Henry she tried to go public "in the 40s". Which must have been after the war and before 1951. And it went badly. WHICH IS TOTALLY WHY SHE LEFT ENGLAND AND WENT TO OLD CITY. AND POSSIBLY LEAD TO A SERIOUS ARGUMENT WITH JAMES!

Maybe.

this whole complete demonization of John is to clear the way for whoever Helen gets to meet next season.

That makes terrifying sense.

For me personally, it makes me feel better about trying to see if it's possible for Helen and Nikola to get together.

John never played the "Well, yeah, having you around all the time would be nice but also it would have been really awesome NOT TO HAVE TURNED INTO A SERIAL KILLER!", which was totally where I thought he was going at first, though I suppose it is more in character to think of himself last and think of everyone else first, except in the WORST POSSIBLE WAY. Oh, John. There is absolutely no saving you from anything.

*agrees with everything*

I would have taken Helen having a meaningful relationship even WITH John still in the picture

Absolutely!
Edited Date: 2011-06-21 07:32 am (UTC)

Date: 2011-06-22 03:34 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] palmaceae.livejournal.com
Well, yeah, having you around all the time would be nice but also it would have been really awesome NOT TO HAVE TURNED INTO A SERIAL KILLER!", I can't believe he never pulled that card, seriously.

ug, i see that they're trying to demonize john, but it's not working for me. i mean, john screwed up big time, but not from a bad place in his heart. the energy elemental getting stronger, that was pretty demonizing, but john himself? he's just in a very bad, desperate place and i just want to hug him.

I HAVE MY EYE ON YOU, KINDLER! ug, you and me both.

Date: 2011-06-22 03:37 am (UTC)
ext_1358: (a thousand good-byes)
From: [identity profile] grav-ity.livejournal.com
I realized while trying to write ship meta (1.5K and counting, send cookies), that while Helen is quite firmly in Acceptance (particularly since HE DISAPPEARED and told her that ALL DEBTS WERE PAID IN FULL), she has a hundred years on him, and he's still firmly in Bargaining, because he's only really known who he is again since "Haunted". He still thinks this is something that can be fixed. And it isn't.

Date: 2011-06-22 04:00 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] palmaceae.livejournal.com
*sends oatmeal chocolate chip cookies* i look forward to reading it.

He still thinks this is something that can be fixed. And it isn't. well, in my head it is. i need more fic where they manage to live happily ever after *cries a bit* i just finished the episode 10 minutes ago and although i knew this break was coming weeks, i'm having trouble digesting it so quickly.

ok, trying to be more rational here. i'm not entirely convinced that the relationship could never have been saved after they discovered the elemental. what would have happened had Haunted ended differently? the way [livejournal.com profile] artaxastra writes the two of them post Haunted just makes so much sense to me, and in her world i see it working. with out of the blue and into the black though, these episodes seriously mess their relationship up. if john hadn't let adam worth live, i would have still given them a shot. but adam's life was probably the death of the relationship, i'll admit that. John crossed way too many lines there all for love.

Helen is quite firmly in Acceptance (particularly since HE DISAPPEARED and told her that ALL DEBTS WERE PAID IN FULL) i'm surprised though that it took her this long to get to that stage. but wow, kindler and co. did a good job setting up this arc with these last few episodes. i'm shocked, really.

Date: 2011-06-22 04:03 am (UTC)
ext_1358: (Default)
From: [identity profile] grav-ity.livejournal.com
Even though they are my OTP and I adore them, I never saw them as ever getting back together permanently, and I CERTAINLY never saw them getting a happily ever after. I saw them as "Familar Demon", ships passing in the night FOREVER, and in the mean time Helen has relationships with other people and John does his best not to commit murder (but fails).

Date: 2011-06-22 04:08 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] palmaceae.livejournal.com
I never saw them as ever getting back together permanently, and I CERTAINLY never saw them getting a happily ever after well, i'll agree with the happily ever after part, john's too psychologically messed up for that to happen. but i could see them getting back together permanently.

oh well, not like it matters anymore.... *sigh* on the one hand, i wanted to throw my computer out the window after this episode. on the other hand, WHEN IS SANCTUARY COMING BACK????

Profile

grav_ity: (Default)
gravity.not.included

October 2022

S M T W T F S
      1
2345678
910111213 1415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031     

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Aug. 18th, 2026 01:24 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios